Wednesday, April 11, 2012

progress

I've been a horrible blogger lately, so I'll give you an update on our progress (of which much has been made). We booked Ashton Gardens for October 13, 2012 and are SO excited. The chapel is stunning. This pic is from the day we booked it. Can't wait to walk through those wooden doors with my dad and see my man waiting for me at the alter :) We also booked Anna & Ivan to take our pictures and we love them. Ivan is taking our engagements tomorrow in a sleepy, quirky town outside of College Station that's full of exposed brick and brightly colored doorways (insert long, dreamy sigh). 
Rhett got a transfer to the Houston office and starts a new job next Monday, April 16! We have been praying about this for a long time now and the way it worked out is amazing. He was offered the job the same day he interviewed for it, which also happened to be the day we met with and booked our photographer and our venue.  We have been blessed with smooth sailing as we plan for this new chapter in our life together.
I said "YES" to a dress!! I can't tell you much about it for obvious reasons, but it's beautiful and fun. My mom went with me and it was such a fun and special time to share with her. I scheduled 3 appointments and bought a dress at the first place, Brickhouse Bridal, and canceled the other two appointments. 
I am so thankful for my mom and all her help. Together we are bringing total wedding planning domination. 
We also booked a DJ and photo booth for the reception. Are you loving the photo booth wedding trend as much as we are?? I still have a strip from a wedding last year hanging up in my kitchen.
So, what's left to do? A lot. Cake and florist are next on the list. Save-the-date's and invitations, too. Oh, and finish my thesis which feels like pulling teeth--my own. It's hard to work on the same project for two years, and I'm getting bored. Almost done.

Happy Wednesday! Over half way to the weekend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...