Wednesday, April 18, 2012

bad cat

This is my trouble child, Benson, in "time-out" yesterday. Actually, he was there on his own, I just propped him up a bit and snapped a picture. If you could punish a cat by putting them in time-out, Benson would find himself there multiple times a day. Yesterday, he knocked over a lamp and pulled the quilt I'm working on off the dining room table and into the entryway. Why?? He kept it folded, just dragging it around so when I get home and open the door, it's right there. Waiting. Looking odd and out of place (because it is). Banks, my angel, waits for me in the entryway everyday, so he was squished against the wall, much closer to the door than he feels comfortable. He, too, looked odd and out of place. Benson has also developed an extreme rags-to-riches complex. He doesn't use the litter box unless it is nearly empty. I have two boxes that I clean twice a day, and yesterday, even that wasn't enough for His Highness. There's only one brand of litter he deems acceptable. I took him to the vet last week hoping the litter box issues were medical and could be easily treated, but no. Nothing is wrong. It's a personality disorder, I was told, for a pretty penny. I find myself reminding him that he lived on the streets of Bryan for the first six months of his life and that he should appreciate his current situation. He just squeaks back at me in his high-pitched girl voice and hops away. He turns one in May, so hopefully Mr. Mischief will grow out of his "terrible two's" in the near future!
I don't normally watch How I Met Your Mother, but I saw an episode with a chart-- cute vs. crazy (or something of that nature). The higher your "cuteness" the higher amount of "crazy" guys will put up with. Unfortunately, Benson's cute factor is very high (just look at that face!!), so I'll put up with A LOT of crazy. ;)

I actually just found the image from How I Met Your Mother and it's "Hot vs. Crazy", but cute works better when referring to kittens.

Happy Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...