Sunday, April 15, 2012

26

We celebrated Rhett's 26th birthday this weekend with my family at our place near La Grange. It was such a fun, relaxing weekend. We have been so busy lately (in a good way), so it was nice to have a few days to lounge around in the country. My little brother got our whole family hooked on Dexter, so we planned a season 5 marathon for this weekend about a month ago. Unfortunately my brother couldn't make it because of tests, but the rest of us watched the entirety of season 5 this weekend and it was so good! Can't wait for season 6!!
Rhett's birthday cake request was chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Without realizing it, my mom and I both brought cake mix and icing, so we decided to make a really tall cake. I remembered reading a blog about a similar really tall cake with the age stenciled on top, so I tried it out and love the outcome. I think next time I'll go lighter on the powdered sugar, but overall it was a hit!
Rhett starts a new job tomorrow, and we are so excited for this transition. I'm so proud of my hard working man!
Also, we took our engagement pictures last Thursday in Calvert, and are so excited to get them back. It was a bit awkward at first, but thanks to Ana & Ivan, we were comfortable in no time. I'll save the story for the post with the actual pictures, but here is a picture I took with my iphone when Rhett and I scouted out the area :)
This is the outside of a pottery shop where the owner has taken some of the brick out and set handmade pottery into the wall. How cool is that?? The town is full of cool textures, colors, and people! Ana & Ivan were both able to make it to our engagement shoot and are both super talented, so we cannot wait to see the results.

Also, less than six months until the wedding! :) :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...