Thursday, March 10, 2011

shalom project update

About 4 weeks ago, I told you about the Shalom Project. I actually got the numbers wrong in the first post--our goal was to save 30 Restaveks in Haiti from child slavery and 5 girls in India from sex trafficking. In order to accomplish this goal we would need to raise over $27,000. 
This Tuesday Ben told us the final results and we had raised over $97,000!! People were still donating right before and after Breakaway this week and at 11:42pm Tuesday night the final count was up to $107,000!
Wow. God is doing big things in a college town in Texas and the effects are being felt around the world.


If I'm being honest, it's been the kind of week that makes me think what am I doing with my life?! Spring break could not come at a better time. I'm so ready to shop with my bff Danielle, paint a buffet topper with my mom, and hang out with my hard working beau on his vacation! We plan to see children riding sheep at the Houston Rodeo and jump over fire in the Conroe Warrior Dash! Oh ya.

Happy Spring!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...