Friday, March 18, 2011

buffet top

Is it already Friday?? This week has been a blast and I'm going to post about ALL of it, but not right now. 
For now I'll head back to last weekend and tell you about the buffet top restoration project my mom and I worked on. Here is what it looked like before we got started.
Nothing special. We painted it Cream Puff by Behr and it took 2+ coats to get it covered! The wood is Pine, so it's super porous. Just the off white color made it look a lot better. 
Meanwhile, my dad cut a piece of bead board to fit in the back. It was actually a little too thick so he had to chip some off the back to make it fit. Thanks, Dad! 
We painted the bead board Firebrick by Behr and slipped it into the back to make sure it fit. Turns out it was such a perfect fit that we couldn't get it back out, so we put the glaze on the whole thing together. 
I used a coarse grit sandpaper to rub around the edges and make it look worn.
We had a lot of fun working on it and I think it looks a million times better. 
Maybe it looks a little weird on the bottom now? I'll let you know what comes of it.
The Round Top Antiques Fair is coming up at the end of March/beginning of April and I'm thinking we will come home with some fabulous finds to populate our buffet top.
:)





Domestically Speaking



1 comment:

  1. Found you on MMS & I really like how this is coming along! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...