Monday, July 11, 2011

A Virginia Wedding

I strayed from my nonchalant lowercase titles and brought you a full-fledged uppercase one. Our weekend in Virginia deserves it (and so does that beautiful state!). 
Backing up- two weekends ago, my mom, aunts, and I went to Blacksberg, VA for my aunt's sister's wedding. 
L-R: Aunt Blair, me, the Bride--Kristen, Aunt Shari (Kristen's sister), and my mom.
Since my aunt's sister isn't my dad's sister, we didn't feel the need to bring the boys along. Mom and I had a few issues getting there (i.e. running through the airport to our connecting flight in Atlanta only to be delayed for 4 hours), but we still made it in time to kick off an excellent girls weekend with a bit of wine and the rehearsal dinner (above).
The wedding was beautiful, complete with a candy bar and a large dance floor so we could get funky.
Aunt Shari getting the party started.
The Bride and her dad--a retired Air Force General
The Texas girls with the General
Did I mention we tore up the dance floor?
Ate cupcakes using our best manners. We were, after all, sitting at the bride and groom's table.
My aunt's mom (far right) and her siblings. We all thought they looked a little similar.
We had so much fun at the wedding, exploring the town, shopping, and hanging out with Aunt Shari's family whom we don't see that often. Shout out to the Mussers--thanks for inviting to share such a fun and special weekend with yall! 
On a side note, how much do you love the tree in front of their house?? We couldn't get over how cool and beautiful it is! Come live in Houston weeping evergreen!

Goodnight, moon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...