Tuesday, May 24, 2011

meet banks

This post is well overdue!! Meet Banks, my 3 month old kitten.
IMG_2045
IMG_2028IMG_2029
As mentioned previously, my current roommate is getting married in August and, naturally, moving out. I didn’t go out of my way to find a new roommate. Until this past weekend that is. Rhett and I went to the Houston SPCA and found this little guy. We looked at a lot of kittens and didn’t feel a connection with any of them until Banks came in and stretched his long body out down to his toes.
IMG_1993
He has to be about the cutest thing I’ve ever seen—playful, curious and cuddly.
Loves the cooler in my room…
IMG_2015
hair ties…
IMG_2041
and sleeping in the warm sun on my bed.
IMG_2056
He also loves watching the words appear on the screen as I type them and swatting at the mouse pointer : ) He’s going to be a big boy, too. Just check out the size of those paws.
Rhett had an unfortunate incident involving a psycho cat inside his sleeping bag as a child, so until recently, he did not consider himself a cat person. Things have changed, people! Brace yourself for the most amazing cat tree you have ever laid eyes on:
IMG_2011
This thing is well over 6 feet tall and complete with 5 carpet covered shelves and a rope walkway! Banks came home on Saturday evening and this bad boy was complete by Sunday at lunch! All that’s left is to stain the wood. He’s taken, ladies. Sorry.
I have to tell you, as I write this, I have the keyboard in my lap and Banks is sitting between me and the computer (watching the type appear as I said earlier). Guys, he is falling asleep sitting up! Literally bobbing his little head and body to the side as he tries to stay upright and fall asleep simultaneously. A cat that is hypnotized by blogging?? I’m in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...