Thursday, February 17, 2011

whatever you do, don't run

Last year sometime, Rhett and I read the book Whatever You Do, Don't Run by Peter Allison. We were in a time [and still are] where we lived for the most part in two different towns, so he would read a chapter or so to me over skype each night [awwww]. It's almost impossible to stay awake while you're being read to via skype, so usually we read the last few pages of the previous chapter [which I had slept through] and then some of the next one. ANYWAY, it's a hilarious account of this guys shenanigans in Africa as a Safari Guide, so if you're an animal person, you'll love it. It's a belly-laugh and if-I-think-about-it-the-next-day-I-may-laugh-while-waling-by-myself kind of book. Right now we are reading the sequel, Don't Look Behind You and it's pretty funny. His writing style changed a bit after he became an "author" and he is more seasoned, so he doesn't encounter as many funny mishaps, but it's entertaining nonetheless.
If you're in the market for a fun, light read, I think you've found it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...